NOTE: Most cycling accidents are bike on bike, not bike on car.
- The event is for cyclists only. Pedal-assisted e-bikes permitted.
- Familiarize yourself with New Jersey Bike Law.
- Read the NJ Bicycle Manual for safety tips and get familiar with what you can, should, and shouldn’t do on a bicycle in traffic.
- Check your helmet fit.
- Need to carry an Emergency Medical Form?
- See our tips for cycling safely.
- Give your bike an inspection to make sure its safe and ready for the ride
- Clean and Lube your chain if needed
During the Ramble:
- IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL 911.
- Avoiding confrontations with motorists even if their conduct is clearly wrong. You’ll only make it worse for other riders.
- Listen to the starter’s safety talk and ask any questions you have.
- All riders must wear helmets.
- Wear your numbered bib and wristband which shows you are entitled to all tour services.
- No headphones while riding.
- Pay attention to ride marshals, police and traffic signage.
- The rules of the road apply to you
- Stop at stop signs and red lights
- use hand signals to inform drivers of your intentions
- always ride in the direction of traffic
- Bring with you
- A spare tube
- A cell phone – not for on-bike use
- A full water bottle
- A rear view mirror
- Your photo I.D.
- Your registration confirmation email.
Safety Rules — Please Read!