Thanks for your interest in volunteering for the Ramble. There’s a good chance you helped last year — or know someone who did. And we’re glad you’re thinking about the role you can play this year. Helping us make the Ramble happen can be a source of new, lasting friendships and great enjoyment.
SIGN UP NOW! or read on to learn more.
If you would like to see who has signed up already, and for what activities, click here.
Our NINTH Ramble In Brief:
The 9th annual Revolutionary Ramble Bicycle Tour will be held on Saturday, June 10, 2017. Every year Ramble riders tell us that our volunteers are great. It’s one of the primary reasons we expect to sell out the tour again in 2017. Running a successful Ramble requires more than 200 volunteers. You are vitally needed again this year to make certain that our participants enjoy a fun and safe event.
Volunteers Are Needed:
Before June 10: Various jobs that can be completed solo or in small groups.
Ride Day: Drew University, 36 Madison Ave., Madison, NJ, Lancaster Rd. entrance. Don’t worry: If you’re volunteering and can’t make it to Drew, we’ll make sure you have a lunch.
Who You’re Volunteering For:
The Revolutionary Ramble is organized by the Morris Area Freewheelers Foundation. Most of the volunteers are members of the Morris Area Freewheelers cycling club, their families and non-bike-club friends, but we couldn’t do it without the support of Atlantic Health and our other sponsors, including several area bike shops, which provide many services and refreshments for riders and volunteers alike.
Why Volunteer: A number of reasons:
- To raise money for the volunteer emergency squads that are vital to us as riders and to our communities. Over the last eight years, nearly $180,000 raised by the Ramble event has been donated to help the dedicated squad volunteers — and let them know how significant their personal contributions are to all of us. But we’re also hosting the Ramble:
- To support safe cycling education programs
- To promote the fitness and fun benefits of cycling
- To highlight our area’s incredible history
- To attract newcomers to cycling or seasoned riders to the Club, and
- To reinforce the idea that bikes belong — for recreation, transportation and personal and community health.
What You Get:
- Free t-shirt
- Discount on a Ramble jersey
- Free lunch
- Invitation to test ride the routes – you don’t have to miss out on riding the Ramble!!
- Invitation to the volunteer party a week or two after the Ramble
- Reimbursement for any out of pocket expenses
- Compliments and smiles all day long from Ramble riders
Volunteering and Riding the Ramble:
- Not all volunteer activities take place on the day of the Ramble. If you work on one of the many preparatory activities, you may be able to register for and ride the Ramble, too.
- If you sign up to work on Ramble day, you – along with other volunteers – can ride one of our five test rides (25-100 miles) about two weeks before the Ramble.