SAFETY RULES AND TIPS FOR ALL RIDERS (novice to experienced)
Most cycling accidents are bike on bike, not bike on car.
- Follow the same traffic rules you would if you were driving a car.
- Be mindful of other cyclists.
- Let other riders, and motorists, know what you are doing.
Have your bike checked for safety before you ride.
- Take Advantage of Free Bike Safety Checks before you start.
- Experienced riders will give a brief safety talk and answer questions before you leave.
Safety Tips — Please Read!
|You may double up when you are not impeding traffic. Tripling up and higher are traffic violations.
|Pass only on the left, and call out “On your left!” when passing. ||
|Use hand signals when turning or when stopping.||
|Don’t follow too closely.
Don’t impede traffic.
• Check for any approaching vehicles before changing lanes.
• Slow down for congestion and hazardous conditions.
|• Avoid confrontations with motorists even if their conduct is clearly wrong.
You’ll only make it worse for other riders.
|ENJOY YOUR RIDE!!!||