Rules of the Road and Tips for Riders
Our goal is for you to have fun, feel comfortable and ride safely.
- Make sure you’ve trained sufficiently for the ride you’ve selected.
- Check the fit of your cycling helmet. They’re required.
- Check your emergency I.D.
- (Need an Emergency Medical Form?)
- Inflate your tires properly.
- Lube your chain.
- Carry a spare tube.
- Carry (but don’t use while on the bike) a cell phone.
- Bring a full water bottle.
- Use a rear view mirror.
- Familiarize yourself with New Jersey Bike Law.
- IN CASE OF EMERGENCY CALL 911.
- All riders must wear helmets.
- If you start on time, you will have the company of other riders on the same route.
- Stay hydrated. Drink water regularly before you feel thirsty.
- Wear your wristband to show that you are a registered rider entitled to all Tour services.
- Do not talk on your phone while riding.
- Headphones are not permitted while riding.
- Carry photo ID.
- Pay attention to Ride Marshals and police officers.
- See our tips for cycling safely.